top of page

$190,000 For Soap Dish Collapse On Woman’s Ankle Due To Landlord’s Years of Neglect

Our client, a 57 years old New York City public school teacher, was taking a shower in her Bronx apartment one morning. She was getting ready to go to work when the soap dish in her shower collapsed off the wall, due to a recurring leak which her landlord knew about and failed to fix. The soap dish landed on her ankle, causing a severe injury.

The building’s owner had known about this dangerous condition and refused to repair it for many years prior to the incident. Our client had lived in the apartment where the incident occurred for over twenty years. She raised her two children in the apartment. Complaints about the leak began as early as 2008, when the condition continued to worsen, and despite her complaints, the landlord did not fix the leak which ultimately caused the soap dish to collapse.

After the incident occurred, our client went immediately to emergency room at Bronx Lebanon Hospital and was diagnosed with a ruptured tibia tendon in her ankle, which required surgery to repair.

Immediately after commencing the lawsuit, and within one year of the incident occurring, Justin Blitz, Esq. settled the case for $190,000.00.

Contact Blitz Law Group LLP today.

Kommentarer


Video Testimonials

Blitz Law Group, LLP, renowned for handling personal injury cases throughout the entire state of New York, is thrilled to announce the successful resolution of a deeply tragic case. Our client, a 38-year-old man, tragically lost his life after being improperly discharged from an upstate New York, Albany area hospital. He leaves behind his loving wife and three young children.

Exceptional Legal Outcomes

Blitz Law Group, LLP is pleased to announce the successful settlement of our client’s case for $3.75 million. This case centered around the medical treatment received by a cherished member of the Far Rockaway community known for his vibrant personality and numerous talents.

Justin Blitz Has Been Featured In: